Sunday, March 8, 2009

test shoot

Yesterday i did a practice shoot with Dave, in my car. It is for the Vintage/Rock attire shoot which I'm hoping to do in a vintage car. I did the shoot at 5pm, and used my speed light on my camera, and two other speed lights. I moved them around to find an appropriate spot which would evenly light the subject. Bellow is a photograph i found which is what i want to do with this shoot. The other photograph's are my poor attempt.




Photography by Hanging pixels.com


This photo i only had one flash behind the subject behind him near the steering wheel. and my flash on my camera.



In this photo i had one flash on the left behind the chair where u can see the massive flair, another where the car pedals are, and one on my camera.

In this last photograph, you can see i still have one flash near the peddles, and i moved another flash outside the car in the left hand corner pointing towards the subject, i also had a flash on my camera.

I feel that when i do the proper shoot, that i will need a sheet or something to soften the output of the flashes so it isn't so harsh and doesn't cause too much flare.. Also i think i should shoot a little earlier than 5 pm so i can have a bit more sunlight on the subject as well. I'm hoping to shoot next weekend in time for the first deadline!

1 comment:

  1. hey, i think when you have a cool car, in a good location with the model all dressed up and everything it will come together. i actually like the highlights on dave from the flash, and the angle from your top 2 shots work the best!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete